Altius Teaching School is one of three schools in the South East and South London region commissioned by the DfE to provide face-to-face teacher training to support primary schools in preparing for the statutory changes to the RSHE curriculum from September 2020.
Mental wellbeing resources
The Mental Wellbeing resources below are drawn from our training programme. Altius would like to thank all primary and secondary colleagues who contributed to these resources, working in the exceptional circumstances during school closure.
- Primary and Secondary Mental wellbeing teacher training session, using DfE training materials – Video
- Primary lesson snippets
- Year 1 & Early Years– looking at the early range of emotions – Video
- Year 4 & 5 – how cyber bullying can be approached in a lesson – Video
- Year 6 – looking at more developed emotions focussing on isolation and loneliness – Video
- Secondary lesson snippets
- Recognising and exploring emotions (in particular those linked to Covid-19) – Video
- Exploring anxiety; when should we seek help – Video
- Dealing with anxiety; use of case studies – Video